adventures in research
Want to read blog posts about my ever-exciting research? Click on the area you're interested in to read my most recent post with that label. Then keep clicking on "older posts" for more posts with that label. Enjoy!
resources for educators & book clubs
Teachers have been giving me great feedback about using my books for English, Reading, ELA, Spanish, and Social Studies classes in upper elementary through high school. My books have also been successful with inter-generational literacy programs; book clubs for adults, teens, kids, and mothers/daughters; and adult ESL classes. Here are links to resources, discussion guides, and activity ideas to use with my books.
resources for all laura's books
resources for the queen of water
- Video Interview with Laura in Spanish
- Video Interviews with Maria Virginia in English
- Discussion Guide (by Laura)
- Teacher Toolkit (by Global Reads/ Primary Source)
- Educators' Guide (by Vamos a Leer: Teaching Latin America and Literacy)
- Teaching Books Audio Resources — intro, reading, and name pronunciation
resources for star in the forest
- Here you can read more about Laura's inspiration for Star in the Forest.
- To read about how Laura found the heart of this story, see her blog post here.
- The Pirate Tree (social justice and kids lit) interview is here.
- Here you can read all Laura's blog posts with the label Star in the Forest (including kids' poetry and class activities inspired by the book.)
- Teachers' Guide to Star in the Forest. (Detailed, chapter-by-chapter.)
resources for red glass
- Readergirlz interview with playlist, book club party ideas, and more!
- Red Glass Discussion Guide and Activities (by Random House)
- Caring Hearts and Critical Minds: Literature, Inquiry, and Social Responsibility by Steven Wolk (with a chapter about using Red Glass with students)
- YA Highway Interview
- Red Glass Readers' Circle Guide available inside the paperback
resources for what the moon saw
resources for the indigo notebook
- The Indigo Notebook Discussion Guide (by Laura)
- The Indigo Notebook Readers' Guide (by Random House)
- TV Interview with Laura about The Indigo Notebook
- Read interviews about The Indigo Notebook featured on other blogs: Becky's Book Reviews, Books and Literature for Teens, Bildungsroman, Charlotte's Library, Readergirlz, Sarah Laurence Mother-Daughter Blog, YA Authors' Cafe, Fictionally Yours, Minnie
You can read an interview about the Notebooks series on my blog here.